38629 - Senior Business Analyst
Location: Birmingham / National
Salary Range: £30,989 - £35,000
As a Business Analyst your core purpose will be to act as the bridge between the business and the technical. This will involve you identifying the requirements of a service, identifying the benefits to the user and translating this into actionable requirements for the development team. You will work iteratively with the business and the development team to clarify ambiguity, resolve issues and assist with additional functionality across the service development lifecycle.
You will be experienced as a BA in a variety of elicitation methods and can advise your team on the appropriate use of each method depending on the stakeholder and scenario. You will be given the opportunity to continue to grow your management capabilities as well as managing relationships with senior stakeholders as you progress to becoming a leading figure within the BA community.
What will you be doing?
- Identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes
- Know how to help the team to decide the best approach
- Can help teams to manage and visualise outcomes, prioritise work and work to agreed minimum viable product (MVP), print and scope
- Compare the best processes or delivery methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes
- Recognise when something does not work and encourages a mind-set of experimentation
- Know how to drive the analysis and collection of information to help create recommendations for service improvements
- Analyse large amounts of complex information and use it to produce solutions
- Can help to evaluate and establish requirements using relevant techniques such as gap analysis
- Able to analyse current processes, identify and implement opportunities to optimise processes, and leads and develops a team of experts to deliver service improvements
What are we looking for?
- Experience of working in a large digital organisation, or demonstrable understanding of large digital organisations operate in the context of this role
- Previous experience of working across senior technical and business stakeholders ensuring the understanding of requirements and acceptance criteria is aligned
- Proven track record of managing product lifecycles ensuring full alignment with wider Departmental strategy
- Experience of analysing large amounts of complex information and using it to produce solutions
- Has managed other BAs on a project by quality assuring the work produced and mentoriing to improve outcomes
- Facilitation skills with the ability to find common ground between the technical and non-technical
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience of problem solving and working with others to deliver at pace
- Can make decisions within agreed parameters
- Good communication skills
Ends: 31 March 2021 at 23:55:00 GMT