38632 - Principal Business Analyst
Location: Birmingham / National
Salary Range: £43,958 - £48,000
As a Business Analyst, you should be able to anticipate the impact of your work especially when drawing up proposals for change. You may have the ability to plan-ahead, think strategically and ensure that operations, service provision or policy programmes are developed to meet changing business needs.
Senior Business Analysts will maintain stakeholder relationships, both within the department and across government, ensuring different stakeholders’ priorities are aligned. You will work with the Product Owner(s), providing insights to agree appropriate priorities, to shape and influence work that aligns with the strategic drivers.
As a Business Analyst you will be expected to use judgement and a high degree of creativity when faced with complex and varied issues in circumstances where guidance and precedent may not be available. You will use high levels of interpersonal skills to consult with other grades, including more senior managers, in order to solve issues. You will be expected to make decisions relating to the most effective business modelling required in the circumstances.
What will you be doing?
- Identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes
- Know how to help the team to decide the best approach
- Can help teams to manage and visualise outcomes, prioritise work and work to agreed minimum viable product (MVP), print and scope
- Compare the best processes or delivery methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes
- Recognise when something does not work and encourages a mind-set of experimentation
- Know how to drive the analysis and collection of information to help create recommendations for service improvements
- Analyse large amounts of complex information and use it to produce solutions
- Can help to evaluate and establish requirements using relevant techniques such as gap analysis
- Able to analyse current processes, identify and implement opportunities to optimise processes, and leads and develops a team of experts to deliver service improvements
What are we looking for?
- Ideally, experience of working in a large digital organisation, or demonstrable understanding of large digital organisations operate in the context of this role
- You will have the ability to convey detailed advice and information to other employees, including those in more senior grades
- You have the ability to manage and develop teams
- Ability to deliver at pace and to work to very tight deadlines
- Will know how to develop the analysis and collection of information to create recommendations for service improvements
- Knows how to gather insight from senior stakeholders and communicate modelling results clearly
- Can contribute to the creation and maintenance of the target operating model and identify the impact on operational service
- Can analyse large amounts of complex information and can use it to produce solutions
- Knows how to work according to test plans to design, interpret and execute them
Ends: 31 March 2021 at 23:55:00 GMT