County Court Bailiff
Location: Croydon , Kingston-upon-Thames , Romford , Edmonton, Brentford
Salary Range: £21,944-£23,560
Bailiffs are responsible for the enforcement of civil and possession judgements and for the service of various legal documents, such as divorce petitions and to track and arrest individuals on committal warrants, which includes the need to attend court and transport prisoners to and from prison. Bailiffs are required to travel to homes and businesses across the local and surrounding area, assess personal goods to secure payment for outstanding warrants and obtain possession of properties, where a Judge has ordered this, as well as dealing with other administrative duties.
The key purpose of the role is to:
- Removing goods where necessary to satisfy outstanding judgments and obtaining possession of properties where it has been so ordered.
- Completing related paperwork and accurately receipting monies received.
- Serving committal orders/warrants.
- Serving Court documents personally.
- Inputting data and responding to e-mails.
- Conveying prisoners to Court and attending in court when required.
- General administrative duties
- Processing of cash payments with regard to propriety and security of monies.
- Dealing with queries in person, by post and over the telephone.
Ends: 22 May 2020 at 23:55:00 GMT