HM Courts & Tribunals Service (HMCTS) is an agency of the Ministry of Justice. We provide administrative support for the legal system across England and Wales, ensuring justice works for everyone. We’re currently beginning a period of significant change, with a £1bn investment which will transform our organisation by 2023.
Our staff help provide access to justice for every person and business in the UK, including:
- victims and witnesses of crime
- defendants accused of crimes
- consumers in debt or with other disputes
- people involved in the adoption or protection of children
- businesses involved in commercial disputes
- individuals asserting their employment rights or challenging the decisions of government bodies
- people affected by relationship breakdown.