Making a real difference to people’s lives is such an integral part of working at HMCTS that we’ve built it into an agreement with everyone who works here. It’s called Our People Promise. This includes extensive development opportunities, which support your progress within HMCTS, the wider Civil Service, or beyond.
We know that in order to offer better justice to the public, our employees need timely access to relevant training. That’s why we’ll support you with a minimum of five days of formal Learning and Development (L&D) every year. We take an inclusive view of talent, and while some people are more suited to leadership roles, we know everyone has the potential to grow.
We promise you:
- opportunities to develop your skills
- the support you need to realise your potential and achieve your ambitions
- the skills you need to use new technology and adapt to modern ways of working.
We do this, because you agree to:
- embrace new opportunities to develop your skills
- always look for ways to improve your skills
- give and be open to feedback
- put everything you learn into practice.
The right development for your career
Whether you need to develop your digital, leadership or customer service skills, or skills more specific to your role and profession, we’ll support you in designing L&D around your career. You’ll get ongoing support from your colleagues – and you’ll be encouraged to coach and mentor them too.
To learn more about our learning and development offer please watch this short animation:
If you’re interested in leading us through our Reform programme, we can offer a number of HMCTS-specific leadership development initiatives:
- A 12 month HMCTS leadership development programme for employees at bands D to A, including digital learning, events, peer learning groups and emotional intelligence coaching.
- Ongoing leadership development for our senior civil servants, including digital learning, events, executive coaching and emotional intelligence coaching.
- A junior staff development programme (band E and F), which supports staff in working towards a team leader/supervisory post (band D) within two years, comprising face-to-face workshops, e-learning, workbooks and online learning resources.
Take your talents further
As well as HMCTS-specific L&D, you’ll have 24/7 access to Civil Service Learning, which opens up a huge range of government-wide learning resources. And if it’s right for your career, we have a number of talent development schemes that can help you progress not only within HMCTS, but into the wider Civil Service and beyond.
Apprenticeships for everyone
We are pleased to offer a wide range of apprenticeships within areas including digital, commercial, leadership and project management. Apprenticeships are no longer aimed solely at young people joining us in entry-level positions. New apprenticeships are designed to provide learning and qualifications for all staff, new or existing, from GCSE to Master’s level. Find out more here: https://intranet.justice.gov.uk/documents/2018/03/core-offer-of-apprenticeships-21-2-002-docx.docx